Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference and work in a non-profit? Would you like to be a part of an ambitious and international organisation on the cutting edge of science? Then this position might be right up your alley.
The EBMT is a non-profit medical and scientific organisation which hosts a unique patient registry providing a pool of data to perform studies and assess new trends.
Save and improve the lives of patients with blood-related disorders.
Lead the Project & IT Unit, ensuring timely and budget-aligned delivery of key IT Strategic Plan projects in line with the society's strategy. Oversee project execution, technology infrastructures, and daily IT operations across Barcelona, Paris, and Leiden. Ensure adherence to organizational policies and balance current operations with future needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Create, transition to and establish a single Project & IT Unit that will serve the needs of all stakeholders in, but not limited to, the offices located in Leiden, Paris and Barcelona.
- Implement and manage the infrastructure services regardless of whether they are in the offices of Leiden and Paris, or in the cloud
- Define and update the IT Plan according to the EBMT strategic plan, project advancements, budget updates and untapped needs
- Select the right technology that enables the organization to achieve its goals and move forward
- Liaise with all the Units to understand requirements and provide with solutions to business and operating needs
- Manage multiple projects at once and ensure they are delivered on time and on budget according to Agile, ITILv3 and PMBOK Earned Value Management standards
- Adopt necessary ITILv3 lifecycle, policies, processes and procedures under Business Service Management standards
- Liaise with vendors and prepare contractual agreements with selected ones in accordance to company Service Level Agreements
- Provide the Unit with Project Management and Help Desk (single point of contact) capabilities and ensure relevant KPIs are in the green zone
- Operational management of the Project & IT Unit, managing the budget, planning of human resources, lead, support and motivate the team, perform staff appraisals, identify training and development needs, approve annual leaves, etc.
- Coach and mentor team members for future growth
- Ensure that user satisfaction is excellent across all areas